Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Well Worn Jeans

I didn't actually press "Publish" yesterday night, but here is yesterday's post.
One of my favorite things is putting on a pair of well worn jeans.  And I'm not talking about that fake bull shit where you buy pre-distressed or faded or ripped or whatever jeans.  I mean when you put on some jeans that are thin and faded and soft from hundreds of washings and wearings.  There's just something about the innate familiarity, the possessiveness.  Anyways, this got me thinking about the simple pleasures, perfection in small details.

I, and I think we as a society, focus on the big things: big ideas, extravagant parties, that kind of thing.  And while that's all good, I think its often out of balance with the small things.  Not that I'm OCD or whatever, but some times its nice to stop and stand and enjoy the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment