Friday, October 23, 2009

Desire, Or, the Lack Thereof

I, like most people, have a love-hate relationship with desire.  But my problem, unlike many of those my age, is not that I have some incredible sex-drive, but rather the opposite.  I desire, as does everyone, a certain ideal, yet unlike others, am almost totally unwilling to settle.  The greatest reason for me to have casual, unmeaning sex is just that- to have it, so that I can get my friends off of my back about some need, apparently universal to college students, to fuck anything willing. 

Anyways, today, as with most Thursday evenings, I had Philosophy of Art, and, again as with most Thursday evenings, I talked to a certain student afterwards, and, again as with most Thursday evenings I picked up on signs of sexual interest on her part.  I'd have had to been deaf and blind not to- they were about as obvious as the repetitions in the previous sentence.  Anyways, I know I'm leading her on, but can't really help myself- the game is too much fun, even if it is a bit sadistic.

I almost desire to desire, wish to want what I don't- it would make life simpler.  But I like my ideal- I just hope I eventually meet her.

No comments:

Post a Comment