Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Being a Citizen

I read a pretty sickening story tonight about a gang rape that happened in California (http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/27/california.gang.rape.investigation/index.html?eref=igoogle_cnn) which got me thinking about being a citizen, or just a moral human being.

Whenever I think about this kind of thing, I always think about 9/11.  While everyone remembers the Twin Towers, and maybe thinks about the Pentagon attack, I think about the plane that was meant to go to the White House.  The terrorists weren't that well armed, and were massively outnumbered, so why is it that only one plane rebelled successfully?  I can think of a few reasons: the first to cause trouble are going to die, people don't have much physical courage, people are basically sheep.  But still, 19 hijackers split between 4 planes, and they managed to successfully use 3 of them.  Its a tad ridiculous. 

Where is the relevance?  The relevance is that I think people need to man the fuck up, and start taking responsibility for the state of things.  Were people to act along with their convictions, the world would be a far better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment