Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dishonesty and the Relief of the Repreived

Tonight, I had a (not so minor) issue: my 3.016 (Math&Mathmatica for Materials Science Majors) group pset received a score of 0, since another group turned in identical code.  As it happened, I wrote the code copied, which turned out to be a serious blessing- more on that later.  Anyways, this pissed me the fuck off since it means we, and more importantly I, am screwed when it comes to getting a good grade, not to mention the fact that someone either stole the code while I was getting food or in the bathroom or, worse, one of my group-mates sent it out without my knowledge.  Any way I look at it, I was getting robbed of points, which is pretty serious since we only have a few pset grades and no exams.  Academic dishonesty pisses me the fuck off, especially when I become the victim.

On a good note, as I mentioned, I wrote the code, and happened to have timestamped previous partial versions that show that we were in the right, or at least that I was wronged.  A few hours ago I was screwed, now I am saved.  My reprieve feels so damned good.

No comments:

Post a Comment